Sunday, March 29, 2009

Goooooose--fraaaaaabbaaaaaa

I tend to think that your breath is actually your anchor, the gift we've all been given to center ourselves in this very moment. Whenever something happens that involves even the slightest tension (which is almost an everyday occurrence lately), I stop, draw in a deep breath, and release. I don't know how many times I have stopped my friends, halfway through one of their "venting sessions" and force them to stop, breath in deeply, and release!! LOL


Have you ever noticed how often you unconsciously hold your breath?? Once you start paying attention, it might surprise you to see how much tension you've been carrying around inside. Nothing is more effective than a deep, slow inhale and release, for surrendering what you can't control and focusing again on what's right in front of you.


Photobucket

None of us is built to run nonstop. That's why, when you don't give yourself the time and care you need, your body rebels in the form of sickness and exhaustion. How do you give back to yourself? Talk things out with a best friend (Dr. Phyllis is in the office...just a phone call away!! LOL). Soak in a hot bath and enjoy at least one lit candle. It may sound hokey, but focusing on a burning candle for a minute, while taking deep and relaxing breaths is actually very calming (women...best if you do this when the kids, hubby, or boyfriend is asleep and not wanting anything from you).

At the end of the day, I like to "come down" by reading, or just sitting by myself...it's what I call going mindless (don't even go there!!! LOLOL). But, it's true....it's my way of just letting go of everything that weighed on my shoulders that day. Or I put in an old movie or TV show I have on DVD...and just forget the world around me for a little while.

CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos

You have to nurture yourself so you'll have more nurturing to give to those who most need you. It's like the oxygen-mask theory: If you don't put on your mask first, you won't be able to save anyone else.

So stop. Go "mindless". Breathe in......and.....let goooooooooooo. Say it....gooooooose-fraaaaabbaaaaaaaaaaaa. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.


See? Don't you feel a little more relaxed?!?!? I'll bill ya, don't worry!! LOLOL

rachaelleanna photography

1 comment:

  1. Quack....Quack...Ribbit...oh wait sorry I'll chase him back to my blog. Quack Quack..You truly are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete